INSTAGRAM--> @kikis_mommy_life
FACEBOOK--> kikis momy life
TWITTER---> kikis momylife

Monday, February 26, 2018

Birth story

  On the last weeks of my pregnancy i prepared my self mentally that my delivery  might not go the way i wanted. And yuuup that's what happened. On August 17th 2017 i woke up with a small headache. I felt overall weird, not bad. Had a gut feeling something wrong. So what do i do? i call my mom. Mommy knows best! I tell her what im feeling and she takes me to Wal-Mart to get my blood pressure checked. I checked it tree times to see if its consistent and yes i had it really high. so off to the hospital me go.

  Checking in and telling the nurses what i feel and have. They gave me a look of  i don't believe you and your crazy. We get a room where they hook me up to everything and check my blood pressure. It was still a bit high but not to be a concern. Thirty minutes later they check my blood pressure again 140/99 The machine started to go crazy and alerting them. they started to check me every 15 min and it just kept going up. I in the other hand felt OK, again just a small headache that's it. The nurse said she will be back, but never came back. Instead of a nurse an Dr came in and her first words that came out were "you are going to induce you today". Just like that plain and simple. I was speechless. she kept going the reason why but i did not hear anything and just repeated back what i did hear.

  At this point they are treating me for preeclampsia. Now i have my own privet room where they started IV and low dosage of magnesium for blood pressure and gave me something to soften my cervix. 12 hours later i started to have bad contractions and i was at 2 cm. My contractions where allover the place so i asked for Epidural. I was in heaven after than. Now its a waiting game with no pain.
  My progress was from 2 cm to 5cm and 9cm in just a couple of hours. Then the time to push came. i pushed for about 1 hour, and she came out. i was so excited, happy , tired. When the placed her on me i can feel the doctor working down there. Lots of tugs and pressure nothing bad. All of the sudden i noticed the room got a bit quiet especially my mom, i just ignored it. Well it turned out i ripped in 3 different places and she couldn't stop the bleeding. She managed to stop it and let me be.
 When they cleaned her up and wrapped her they sat me up to hold her not a minute later i started yelling to my boyfriend to grab the baby because i was about to pass out. I lost all strength while baby in my arms, boyfriend got her in time. Nurses rushed in and saw that my blood pressure dropped dramatically. They started the IV in overdrive and oxygen. The reason my blood pressure was because they were giving me double the magnesium, which was borderline poisoning me. The doctor was angry at the nurses and that was the end of that.
  Remember i still don't feel my lady parts. I ended up getting a hemetoma down there. Its rare but i got it yay me. They usually go away by themselves, but not mine. At night i felt like it was getting bigger do few hours later im going to surgery to get it drained and a blood transfusion.
  Recovery was awful i couldn't stand or sit. Like i said before nothing goes to plan. I am so grateful to have a healthy baby. it took more than 6 weeks to some what feel better, now i just enjoying my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Reasons to shop at Thrift Stores

As a kid my mom will always got to thrift stores, me and my sisters loved it. We knew as soon as she told us we were going we will get so...