As a kid my mom will always got to thrift stores, me and my sisters loved it. We knew as soon as she told us we were going we will get something. She will always gives us a price we cant pass. For example no more that 10$ each. Sometimes we will end up with 3 to 4 different things. Of course this was like 12 years ago or so so 10 can get you a lot.What i learned when shopping at thrift stores, if you really look you will find good quality things even some treasures. So here are 5 reasons to get your shopping on!
- Save Money! This is the most obvious and perhaps the main reason why many people go to a thrift store to begin with. It's ridiculously cheap. You will find thing bran new but will be more than half the price if in a regular store. Also if something is 8 bucks on other days might be 4$. The beautiful thing about thrift stores is that they always discount their discount, and who doesn't love discounted things.
- Helps the community most are tied to some kind of charity, so shopping there helps to support people in need. The Salvation Army's stores fully fund adult rehabilitation program, including a work rehab program that operates in conjunction with the thrift shops. Even the more reason to buy stuff.
- Good Furniture The great thing about the stores the big stuff are not as expensive, although dining tables and vanities ect might have dents or scratches. They are still very very cheap. How is this good? well do what my mom and step dad do fix them! find look for the real wood and fix them. The end product bran new furniture for a low price. Hey you can even re sell them for a higher price and make a profit, many make this as a hobby.
- Creativity If you are like my sister always decorating and re decorating her home. Then you will love thrifts stores. They are the perfect places to look for cute home decor. They have many vintage items that can make your house welcoming.
- Children toys & clothes This is for all the mamas. Kids grow fast in a blink of an eye the first years. So why not get clothes there. I have found a lot of baby cloths for my daughter and most of them still with their tags. I rather spend 1.50 than 5 or more on other stores for pants and shirts. Of course always wash them first.